You may see this logo to the left all over our website. Well, actually we are quite proud of this “exclusive accreditation” status with GAF. There is only a very small percentage of Master Elite roofing contractors in the Unites States and A.B. Edward is proud to represent this awarded title.
- Rated #1 in shingle quality by contractors and home builders
- Named #1 in innovation for shingles and ridge ventilation by home builders
- #1 in quality in the 2012 and 2013 BUILDER Brand Use Study, Roofing: Asphalt/Fiberglass Shingles category; winner 8 out of last 9 years
- Winner of 2012 Women’s Choice Award, with 9 out of 10 female customers highly recommending the brand to others
- Winner of 2012 Building Products Brand Survey for Asphalt Roofing from Peninsula Publishing
- Winner of 2012 Gold Innovation award for Asphalt Roofing Shingles for Monaco ™ Lifetime Designer Shingles
- Named most-recommended brand by upscale remodelers Award
- First to pass ASTM D3161 Class F (110 mph) and ASTM D7158 Class H (150 mph) wind ratings on every manufactured shingle (per UL public listing)
- First to produce an energy-efficient asphalt shingle available in rich colors, called the Cool Color Series (now called Timberline®Cool Series) ® TPO
- Premium Designer Shingles have twice received the Architects’ Choice For Excellence Award
- Winner of 2011 and 2012 Gold Innovation Awards for Asphalt Roofing Shingles
- Winner of the 2011 Product Innovation Award for EverGuard Extreme® TPO
- Manufacturing locations across North America — to serve you better
- C.A.R.E. installation training program that has provided education to over 125,000 industry professionals
- Regularly sought out to appear in leading home and garden publications and on home improvement networks such as HGTV
- Our GAF Lifetime Roofing System includes everything you need to provide reliable, watertight protection for your home
- Our factory-certified contractors—more than 4,000 strong nationwide— eliminate the risk that your roof will be installed by some fly-by-night contractor
- Our industry-leading warranties—backed by North America’s largest roofing manufacturer—will provide you with the peace of mind you deserve
- The bottom line is: More property owners choose GAF for their roofing project—why trust your most valuable asset to anyone else?
We have also worked to incorporate sustainable practices into our manufacturing process, including the recycling of shingle waste at plants, and a Zero-Waste-to-Landfill effort. And be sure to ask about our Certified Green Roofer program that recognizes professional roofing contractors for recycling!
Today, GAF enjoys a solid presence and leadership position in the development and production of polyester nonwoven products, wet-laid industrial fiberglass products, and products with blends of fibers. The development of proprietary coating compounds in our Technology Center served as the foundation to invest in production capability and capacity for a coating process line in 2000.
GAF's Performance Nonwoven Fabrics include roll goods using fiberglass, polyester, and other blended fibers in a wet-laid process. GAF's nonwovens are used in industrial applications including building materials, flooring, filtration, composite, reinforced plastics, landscaping, and other fabric markets.
GAF has two production lines both utilizing a wet-laid process. GAF also operates a coating line designed to single-side or double-side coat a variety of fabrics. Proprietary coatings are developed to meet specific customer needs and requirements.
GAF produces nonwoven materials from 0.8 oz/square yard to 5 oz/square yard at thicknesses ranging from 10 mils to 40 mils. Roll widths range from 30" to 160", and roll diameters are possible up to 7 feet. Coatings can be added to a nonwoven fabric, typically from 3 oz/square yard to 29 oz/square yard.
The path forward for GAF Performance Nonwoven Fabrics will focus on new fabrics designed to meet current and evolving customer requirements that demand attributes best achieved in blends of base fibers or coatings applied to fabrics. We have excellent working relationships with our suppliers, ensuring superior performance and consistency every time. Broad development and in-house testing capabilities include an on-site Research and Development Team, located in our state-of-the-art Research
Locke Manufacturing was founded in the 1950s as a producer of ornamental iron railing and columns, and quickly became a leader in this industry, with the majority of their sales through retailers and distributors.
In 1967 Locke Manufacturing was acquired, merging with Leslie Building Products Company, and Leslie Locke was formed, manufacturing door accessories, ductwork, ventilation. and ornamental iron products. In 1998, GAF purchased Leslie Locke Building Products, forming a new division called LL Building Products Inc. LL Building Products still manufactures the same high-quality products. The products offered by LL Building Products are marketed under the MasterFlow® and Village Ironsmith™ brands.
Our parent company, GAF, was founded in 1886 and is currently headquartered in Wayne, New Jersey. GAF is the most fully integrated roofing manufacturer in the United States, with more than 3,300 employees in 26 plants across the country.
A golden pledge warranty is the only warranty that requires the entire roof system to be from GAF, a single manufacturer. The real beauty is that once your new roof is installed, a representative from GAF comes out to certify your roof installation.
The very same company that will be handling your warranty claim if it ever exists in the future will come out and put their stamp of approval on the job when we are done, and if for some reason we fail their in depth 40 point inspection we have to fix it right away! How amazing is that? A total piece of mind for our clients!