Roof Panel – Dexter / Vmzinc Roofing Products
VMZ Dexter is a patented, pre-formed system for use on walls up to 66 feet (20 m). VMZ Dexter has a standing seam profile, with concealed fasteners. Formed with a raised, curved top standing seam shaped major rib at the panel’s edge and flat pan between the major rib and panel edge.
About this product
Umicore Building Products’ VMZ Dexter is a complete panel system consists of factory formed panels and clips. The panels are available in multiple dimensions in QUARTZ-ZINC and ANTHRA-ZINC, providing a variety of design possibilities. VMZ Dexter panel can be used in the construction of new buildings and in renovations for buildings with low to moderate humidity levels. It can be laid either with aligned joints or staggered joints.
- Rapid installation without the use of heavy mechanized tools
- Concealed clips and fasteners
- Vertical, horizontal, and diagonal installation
- Range of components offering a wide variety of flashing details
- VMZ Dexter panel in QUARTZ-ZINC
Thickness: 0.7 mm
Panel Dimensions On Center: 32 7/8” long x 15/34” wide
Coverage: 3.59 ft2 per installed panel
Weight: 1.55 lb per ft2 installed
Packaging: 6 panels per box
Minimum Pitch: 2:12
- Examine substrates, areas, and conditions for compliance with requirements for installation tolerances, metal wall panel supports, and other conditions affecting performance of work.
- Verify that substrate is plumb, sound, dry, smooth, clean, sloped for drainage, and completely anchored, and that provision has been made for wall drains, flashings, and penetrations through metal wall panels.
- Examine primary and secondary wall framing to verify whether or not purlins, angles, channels, and other structural panel support members and anchorages have been installed correctly.
- Prepare written report, listing conditions detrimental to performance of work of this section. Submit copy of report to architect.
- Examine roughing-in for components and systems penetrating metal wall panels to verify actual locations of penetrations relative to seam locations of metal wall panels before wall panel installation.
- Install metal wall panels in orientation, sizes, and locations indicated on the drawings.
- Install metal wall panels plumb, level, square, true to line, and within installation tolerances.
- Begin laying from the eaves up, folding the locking key under the fold of the eaves flashing.
- Install metal wall panels perpendicular to girts and subgirts, unless otherwise indicated.
- Anchor metal wall panels and other components of the work securely in place, with provisions for thermal and structural movement. Do not use a torch to field-cut metal wall panels.
- Fasten metal wall panels in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. Panels to be installed on vertical lines 28cm on center. Flash and seal metal wall panels with weather closure edges and at the perimeters of openings.
- Install flashing and trim as metal wall panel work proceeds. Fasten flashings and trim around openings and similar elements.
- Maintain metal wall panels in clean condition during installation. Remove protective film within 90 days of installation.